Security operations are expensive! Hiring, training, and keeping a team of security analysts demands significant resources from any organization wanting to run security operations in-house. There are many studies which show the urgent need to improve security operations center (SOC) analysts’ productivity.
All about Virtualization and Cloud Security | Recent Articles:
On April 20th, the results of the latest round of the annual MITRE ATT&CK® Evaluation of security solutions were released. This year, a field of 29 security solutions from leading cybersecurity companies including Bitdefender, Crowdstrike, and Microsoft were tested on their ability to detect the techniques and tactics of Carbanak and FIN7.
This is the second of a 3-blog series on Practical Cyber Resilience. In the first part, I covered the four key characteristics (or guiding principles) of cyber resilience. In this blog we will review the main objectives and 5-step Cyber Resilience Analysis methodology, as defined by the NIST Special Publication 800-160, Developing Cyber Resilient Systems.
The last major release of the year brings on November 17, 2020 a new product and important enhancements:
- Bitdefender Endpoint Detection and Response is a new EDR product that can coexist with any third-party endpoint security solution
- GravityZone gets a new executive dashboard and an enhanced SIEM connector
- All EDR products now feature custom EDR detection rules capability
- Hosted Security solutions are quick to deploy, operationally friendly, flexible and more effective
- To choose the best hosted security platform, organizations should look at the ability to detect threats as well as how the solution deals with the human element
- GravityZone Ultra won PC Mag’s Editors’ Choice award as the Best Hosted Endpoint Protection and Security Software for 2020
Bitdefender’s hard-to-beat track record in third-party independent testing stretches back many years. The latest 100% APT detection score from AV-Comparatives and the new Best Protection Award from AV-TEST are just the most recent proof of what the industry already knows: Bitdefender builds superior Endpoint Security solutions. There’s a good chance these technologies are protecting you even without you knowing it: a significant portion of the security vendors around the world use Bitdefender security technologies.
Cyber Resilience - Safeguarding Your Digital Transformation with Detection and Response
Today, businesses face a new set of challenges:
- more aggressive cyber threats (higher exposure to risk)
- increased attack surface
- difficulty to find adequate security staff
- increasing complexity of security architecture
These factors lead to an increase in the number and cost of breaches. The need has never been greater for visibility and insights into the environment, timely and effective response to advanced threats, and simplified security architecture.
With an ever-changing Cybersecurity Industry and a growing number or security solutions, it becomes harder and harder for an organization to decide which should be the solution of choice to protect its digital assets. As it is nearly impossible or at least impractical for a security buyer to test all the security solutions, the industry tests are a critical benchmark that help organizations decide.
The end of 2019 comes with great news: Bitdefender was selected as Best Network Security Vendor of the Year in the 8th edition of TahawulTech.com’s Hot 50 Awards: https://www.tahawultech.com/industry/technology/enterprise-it-and-channel-leaders-honoured-at-hot-50-awards/
Why do organizations get breached? With all the investments in cybersecurity breaches still, occur. Details vary from case to case but if you boil down to the bottom of the incident you will most likely find the same basic story: lack of visibility and ineffective response to the emerging threats. Too many systems and too many tools, combined with limited human resources are usually strong contributors to the problem.