Ransomware continues to be the ultimate business disruptor. This week Colonial Pipeline, a private operator of the largest refined products pipeline in the United States, transporting more than 100 million gallons of fuel daily, announced they were a victim of a ransomware attack by the organization known as “Darkside.” The attack propelled Colonial to take systems offline, halting operations and threatening to cause the price of oil to rise.
All about Virtualization and Cloud Security | Recent Articles:
Security operations are expensive! Hiring, training, and keeping a team of security analysts demands significant resources from any organization wanting to run security operations in-house. There are many studies which show the urgent need to improve security operations center (SOC) analysts’ productivity.
- The threat landscape continues to evolve in terms of complexity
- Email is still the weakest link in the security chain and neglecting email security can leave your customers’ networks vulnerable to attacks
- Many legacy solutions can’t fend off today’s modern attacks
- Investment in modern email security is essential to protect against sophisticated attacks
- Ensuring data privacy is now a worldwide concern, with many countries adopting data protection laws
- Much work still needs to be done to ensure the privacy of information
- Tools and training are keys to success
- An unsecure communication protocol proves to be a headache in today's world
- Despite its age and problems, Telnet sticks around
- The mitigation of Telnet security problems is possible with the right solution
On April 20th, the results of the latest round of the annual MITRE ATT&CK® Evaluation of security solutions were released. This year, a field of 29 security solutions from leading cybersecurity companies including Bitdefender, Crowdstrike, and Microsoft were tested on their ability to detect the techniques and tactics of Carbanak and FIN7.
Since the onset of the current health crisis, many systems have found themselves strained. From remote work platforms to collaboration software, most services have been affected by the heavy traffic and the necessity to accommodate large numbers of users.
“We are our choices” (John Paul Sartre)
“When in doubt, choose change.” (Lily Leung)
- McAfee has agreed to sell its enterprise business
- Many McAfee customers may be considering alternatives
- Don’t just replace - upgrade
The global cybersecurity landscape has changed dramatically over the past year due to the COVID-19 pandemic as adversaries look to use the outlier event to their advantage.
- S. Secretary of Homeland Security details Federal Cybersecurity Strategy.
- Initial focus on ransomware, workforce, industrial control security.
- The federal government needs to take a risk-based, long-term view on cybersecurity.
- Ransomware, banking malware, unwanted applications, and Android attacks all rose significantly
- Pandemic-related incidents had a big impact
- Similar threats expected for this year, and cyber security teams need to have the right security tools in place