- Security’s challenge is matching awareness of external threats to internal goals and the ability to execute
- Managed Detection and Response addresses key customer gaps in visibility, alerts, skills, and outcomes
- Outsourcing security operations to a managed SOC allows internal teams to focus on higher-value projects
Is your security program running in place or driving ahead?
What is your vision for your cybersecurity program? Are your security teams consumed with endlessly fending off current threats, or are they implementing bold new programs that put your organization on the cutting edge of readiness as compared to your industry peers? Can you execute upon your key strategic goals and priorities? “Security Maturity” represents a continuum of awareness and capabilities to execute security program objectives. Awareness refers to an organization’s vision and goals, whereas cybersecurity capabilities refer to an organization’s practical ability to defend against increasingly sophisticated threats and skilled adversaries.
What is Managed Detection and Response?
Managed detection and response (MDR) services identify security incidents within a customer’s environment and take action to minimize their impact. MDR encompasses much more than simple breach notification. Effective MDR programs deliver beneficial security outcomes by leveraging 24/7 monitoring, visibility and response technologies deployed at the host and network layers, advanced analytics, threat intelligence, and human expertise in incident investigation to remove threat actors and restore secure security baselines.
What key customer gaps does MDR addresses?
The benefits of Managed Detection and Response are many, starting with the ability to close key customer gaps:
- Visibility Gap – customers can’t see all of the devices on their network and the risks they introduce
- Alerts Gap – too many low-quality alerts, lack time or staff to respond, inability to prioritize threats
- Skills Gap – rapid staff turnover, training ramp-up delays, and lack of specialized security skills
- Outcomes Gap – can’t provide timely security information to leadership or demonstrate compliance
How does MDR help raise your security game?
MDR can help you improve your security capabilities in two ways: First, if you want to execute more effectively at your current awareness and capabilities level to achieve better security outcomes—perhaps to do compliance better and faster, with more certainty—then outsource your basic security tasks to a team of cybersecurity professionals who can execute this for you at peak efficiency; Second, if you’re striving to move your program up to the next levels of capability and proactive defense, Managed Detection and Response can free your internal teams from the time-consuming routine hygiene and mundane security tasks to pursue higher-level strategic objectives.
What is Bitdefender’s MDR solution?
Bitdefender’s Managed Detection and Response (MDR) offers a fully managed service delivered by our new 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC). Our service capabilities include world class, award winning endpoint protection platforms, including Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra and Network Traffic Security Analytics (NTSA), plus additional visualization and management toolsets. We run a proactive cybersecurity operation with true threat hunting—skilled analysts with deep cross-disciplinary cybersecurity expertise. Automated threat hunting only goes so far—you need human analysts to make the connections and pull all of the various pieces together.
Bitdefender has comprehensive visibility into our customers’ networks for more effective detections, including the ability to correlate network and endpoint indicators back to the same incident. We run highly effective response playbooks based on pre-approved actions and escalations to stop attackers and evict them from our customers’ networks, far beyond the basic notifications of some other MDR providers. Our incident responders have decades of cybersecurity experience from the US Air Force, the NSA, and other top training grounds.
MDR lets your security team focus on strategic priorities rather than chasing down alerts, while delivering situational awareness and strategic insights about your business. Bitdefender MDR delivers high-quality, reliable security outcomes backed by a state-of-the-art SOC and a cross-disciplinary team of professionals with the latest cybersecurity skills necessary to keep your endpoint and network devices safe and running smoothly.
What capabilities does Bitdefender deliver with Managed Detection and Response?
MDR service capabilities include:
- World-class Endpoint Detection and Prevention using Bitdefender’s top-rated security tools
- Endpoint Risk Analytics to identify and rectify misconfigured endpoints
- Network Traffic Analytics for visibility of IOT and non-traditional endpoints and network devices
- Targeted Attack Analysis through malware sandboxing and reverse engineering analysis
- Cyber Threat Intelligence from Bitdefender Labs, backed by our 500 million worldwide sensors
- Technical Account Management to keep your internal teams aligned with the Bitdefender SOC
- Pre-Approved Actions and Escalations to keep your environment safe when incidents arise
- Real-Time Dashboards to present up-to-date situational awareness reports to management
- Guaranteed Response through Service-Level Agreements
- Live Campaign Updates for active intrusions, until the attacker is evicted and the baseline restored
Can you execute upon your strategic security goals and priorities, or do important initiatives languish while your teams run in place just to keep up with incoming alerts? MDR can help accelerate your movement up the security maturity curve. Are you ready to take the next step? Watch our short on-demand webcast above and find out!
Learn more about Bitdefender Managed Detection and Response.