- Attacks or misconfigurations exposed sensitive cloud-hosted data from companies such as Capital One, Uber and Netflix.
- A report by Orca Security found that at least 80% of surveyed organizations had at least one workload facing the internet that is running on unsupported OS or has remained unpatched for more than 180 days.
- Reports by major IT Industry Analysts highlight the problem of using security designed for physical environments to protect the cloud and recommend the use of dedicated Cloud Workload Protection Platforms (CWPP).
The rapid change has left many still using security controls designed for physical systems and unsure how to protect today’s hybrid and multi-cloud environments. Given the situation, it’s no surprise that:
Managed and Cloud Service Providers are best positioned to help customers close the cloud security gap by embracing security processes and tools optimized for virtualization, cloud and container technologies.
This helps ease cloud adoption concerns, such as data breaches and compliance, and can help MSPs or CSPs to differentiate and grow revenues. At the same time, CWPPs minimize resource consumption, VDI user slowdowns and manual security flows.
To scale efficiently, and reduce costs, providers must adopt solutions that are multi-tenant, optimized for hybrid and multi-cloud environments, and address key challenges such as:
- Lack of consistent policies and visibility across all IT or across all managed companies
- Inadequate or difficult compliance reporting
- Performance issues or application latency with antimalware scanning in each machine
- Inability to automate discovery and security provisioning to new workloads
- Lack of machine learning behavioral prevention and detection
- Difficult workload licensing
At Bitdefender, we focus firmly on advancing our dedicated MSP and cloud security solutions, and we are proud to be a vendor designated as leader in the 2019 Forrester Wave for Cloud Workload Security. Download a copy of the report to learn how products were evaluated and how they stack up.
Join us for a live webinar to understand the cloud security threat and solution landscape and the opportunities for service providers.