Gartner has once again included Bitdefender in the 2019 Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms1 for its GravityZone Ultra product. Bitdefender is proud to be one of the EPP vendors included in this report and believes our position is a testament to our innovation, execution, and commitment to endpoint security.
Bitdefender has been named in the report for the past five years and has moved further to the right on the Completeness of Vision axis. We think this is another sign of an evolving endpoint security market, where EPP and EDR have come together and new prevention, detection and response techniques within a single agent, single console solution has become even more important.
In this report, Gartner states “specifically security and risk management leaders responsible for the security of networks and endpoints should:
- Evaluate cloud-delivered solutions, seeking a truly elastic and agile cloud-native architecture.
- Favor solutions that are supported by a range of vendor-delivered service options, such as incident response assistance and managed detection and response services.
- Seek fully integrated EPP solutions with EDR capabilities that use the same detection funnel, data repository, management console and agent.
- Ensure that EPP detection capabilities include more-modern behavioral approaches that are immediately adaptive to detect or block new attack techniques.
- Favor vendors that can help harden the endpoint against attacks that target vulnerabilities and common misconfigurations.”
At Bitdefender, our point of view is that these are our driving philosophy and fulfill each one with today’s products
Endpoint Protection is now a mix of legacy anti-virus vendors, EDR vendors offering EPP capabilities, and several broad line vendors offering security technologies unrelated to endpoint security. Bitdefender’s next generation breach avoidance capabilities, coupled with industry-leading prevention, EDR and now endpoint risk analytics sets it apart from other vendors.
In addition, Bitdefender has recently been recognized by other independent third parties:
- Bitdefender’s position as providing the world’s best prevention was once again highlighted by the latest AV Comparatives test for June 2019 which scored GravityZone the highest of 17 enterprise EPP solutions, with a 100% detection rate of the 732 Real-World malware samples.
- In 2018, GravityZone had more #1 results than any other EPP vendor.
- SC Magazine just gave GravityZone Ultra a 5/5.00 score and said they “could find no weaknesses’.
Customers Testimonials Call Out Strengths for Bitdefender
To highlight what this means for customers, a recent review of Bitdefender GravityZone on the Gartner Peer Insights review site stated, “Bitdefender GravityZone Elite Is The Best Endpoint Security Software I Have Ever Used. .. I also like how great the software is at detecting and neutralizing malware and viruses. We have not had a single computer get infected with a virus since we switched to GravityZone ..”
Another posting from the Gartner Peer Insights review site stated "Bitdefender Rocks… .. Bitdefender has had a zero infection rate in our company. Plus the web based portal into all of the installation, updates, scanning is great!”
Our Security Vision
At Bitdefender, we are committed to providing our customers with an enterprise security platform for breach avoidance. Our vision is to be the leading cyber-security innovator that provides end-to-end breach avoidance across all endpoint, network and cloud infrastructure. We believe our approach is innovative and differentiated in the market.
What do we mean by breach avoidance? We believe it takes:
- The world’s most effective prevention that automatically and consistently blocks over 99% of attacks from reaching any endpoint or server - physical, virtual and cloud
- Fast and accurate detection and 360 degree visibility from endpoint to network to cloud and IOT
- Automated response and actionable insights that enable remediation without overloading resource-strapped cyber-security resources
- Proactive hardening and risk analytics to continuously reduce attack surface at the endpoint and at the network. This new capability, delivered in June 2019, changes the game for our customers, enabling even higher levels of protection.
If you want to learn more, please contact us and one of our security experts will get back to you right away.
1Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms, Peter Firstbrook, et al, 20 August 2019
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights reviews constitute the subjective opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences, and do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.